It should be obvious, but not all hair brushes are optimal for all hair types. Brushes that you might use for curly hair are likely not suitable for straight hair, and vice versa. Different brushes have specific uses. Some brushes are made for combing while other brushes are specific to styling.
Not only are their functions different, they also come in different shapes depending on their use and hair type. Below, we will describe which type of brushes are suitable for what purpose respectively.
- Paddle Brush: The paddle brush helps to comb hair quickly and tangle without pulling hair. It has a flat, wide surface for easy movement and better coverage.The paddle brush complements natural hair patterns. Although best for straight hair, people with curly and wavy hair can also use this brush. However, if you have thick hair, choose a paddle brush with nylon or synthetic bristles.
- Round Brush: Round bristle brushes are suitable for blowouts. this type of hair brush has a metal barrel that gets hot when used with a hair dryer. The round bristle brush helps smooth out frizz and adds volume, fullness and bounce to the hair. It comes in different sizes.The smaller brushes can be used to create tight curls, while the larger barrel round brushes are great for straightening or creating subtle waves. If you have fine hair, you can use a round brush, but choose one that has blended or natural hog bristles.
- Teasing Brush: The picking brush lifts the hair shaft and creates volume. It combs hair, creates texture to support different hairstyles, and adds foundation at the roots. The pointed handle is used to comb through the hair and the brush is Use for combing. Avoid using this brush if your hair is fragile.
- Wide Tooth Comb: The wide-tooth comb is best for combing wet hair to prevent damage and breakage. It also helps to distribute conditioners and hair masks as it has thick teeth and large gaps. This type of comb is also suitable for combing thick, curly hair.
- Detangler Hair Brush: The tangle brush gently handles all hair types, including thick and curly hair. It prevents hair damage from tangles and breakage. The tangling brush has wide, flexible plastic bristles that make it easy to untangle knots.
- Rat Tail Brush: The Rat Tail Brush is perfect for separating hair into sections. It has a long, pointed end for parting and densely packed bristles for brushing and combing hair.
- Vented Brush: Aeration brushes work wonders in less time. If you don’t have time to comb your hair properly, an aeration brush can help you blow dry wet hair quickly. The holes allow hot air to pass through, speeding up the drying process.
- Boar Bristle Brush: The natural hog bristle brush is best for distributing natural oils throughout the length of your hair. It glides gently through the hair without tangling and is best suited for styling fine hair.
- Loop Brush: This brush has looped bristles that glide through hair extensions without pulling them. The loop brush is suitable for all hair types. If you have beautiful hair, you should choose your brush with care, opting for a round, paddle, ventilated model with enhanced hair texture. Choose a boar bristle brush to distribute natural oils throughout your hair if you have thick hair. If your hair is prone to tangles, comb it through with a synthetic bristle brush or a combination of nylon and boar bristles. Wet hair requires soft bristle hair brushes.
People usually ignore the type of comb or hairbrush they use. Choosing the right hairbrush for your hair, on the other hand, can have a significant impact on the look and feel of your hair.
Just remember FYEO Salon is here to help. If you would like our stylist to take a look at your hair, and help you find your new style for 2023 give us a call at (904) 262-4116.