Many people would like to add some pizzazz to their hairstyle with a professional hair coloring service but don’t know which service would be best for them. And who could fault them? I mean, with so many coloring services available, it does get very confusing when it comes to deciding which color technique to choose.
Two of the most popular color services at FYEO Hair Salon are overall color and highlights. Both can be the perfect option for livening up your locks and adding interest to your style. But how do you decide which one to choose? You might even want to do both. So, how do you know what’s right for your hair and individual style? Here are a few pointers:
Choose overall color if:
- You have a funky textured style and you want to add some depth.
- Your hair is extremely short.
- You have more than 30% gray.
- You have really dark skin and brows.
- You look better in warm, vibrant colors such as red.
- Your cut is already trendy enough and you don’t want to overdo it.
Choose highlights if:
- Your hairstyle is plain with no layers or other points of interest.
- If you have dirty blonde or light brown hair.
- If you have a little bit of gray that you would like to blend away.
- If you can’t commit to getting your roots touched up faithfully.
- If you look great in cool colors such as blues and greens.
- If your style needs a little interest around the front and a few chunky highlights would do the trick.
- If you’re afraid of a big change.
Do both if:
- You have a lot of gray but would still like the effect that only highlights can obtain.
- You want to add red or warmth and still have some chunks of lighter color around the front.
- You are trying to correct or change another hair coloring application before you get highlights.
- If your hair has become too light due to over processing and sun damage or was lightened too much during your last color process.
There are many other reasons why people choose our salon’s hair coloring services, and those reasons can be as varied as the people themselves. So, if you have a color idea, do not be afraid to talk to one of our stylists about it. Also, do not hesitate to ask for advice if you have no idea what you want but you know you want something. By working together, our team can find the perfect color combination to give you your best look yet. Call FYEO Salon at (904) 262-4116 to schedule an appointment.